ADSM-L

upgrade to 4.2 server - what client levels supported?

2002-09-04 16:07:48
Subject: upgrade to 4.2 server - what client levels supported?
From: Michelle DeVault <adsmigmo AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:06:05 -0700
I recently inherited the TSM admin duties, so please
bear with my ignorant questions .......

I'm getting ready to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 TSM
server for AIX.  I've noticed that I have two AIX
clients that are at (gasp) 2.1.08.  We've been backing
them up to the 4.1 server with absolutely no problem.
Anyone know of problems I might have if I upgrade the
server to 4.2?  I've checked the client requirements
page at www.tivoli.com, but (surprise) they don't
mention anything about a client level that old.

Thanks,
M.