ADSM-L

Re: BMR scripts

2002-09-26 22:49:01
Subject: Re: BMR scripts
From: Jin Bae Chi <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:21:34 -0400
Hi, all,
I also would likes to know if anyone has BMR for Netware servers. I
couldn't find doc from anywhere. Bad thing is that Netware doesn't
support USB port for local backupset restore ( for example, DVD ROM).
They support SCSI though. I wonder what would be the portable media
drive of choice for Netware. I was thinking external DVD ROM for
Windows. Once I install the proper driver, the restore from backupset is
going to be fast for Windows servers.  Thanks for your input!

Jin Bae Chi (Gus)
System Admin/Tivoli
Data Center
614-287-2496/5922
614-287-5488 Fax
jbaechi AT cscc DOT edu

>>> rdearm1 AT UIC DOT EDU 09/26/02 02:57PM >>>
Has anyone tried to script a BMR solution for NT or AIX using tsm.
Everyone
keeps saying the Bare Metal Restore is just a bunch of scripts that
access
TSM but has anyone tried create those scripts themselves.

Thanks
***************************EMAIL DISCLAIMER***************************
This
email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are
intended
solely for the use of th individual or entity to whom they are
addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible
for
delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it,
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please
delete it and notify the sender or contact Health Information
Management
312.996.3941.