ADSM-L

2 server instances on one box - without fast network

2002-08-13 09:20:41
Subject: 2 server instances on one box - without fast network
From: "Peter Pijpelink - P.L.C.S. BV Storage Consultants" <tsm AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:20:27 +0200
Hello,

we are building a hot standby solution based on IBM NSM 3466. We want to
run 2 instances on each location (we have 2) and do a dr every day. The
tapes are handled by a courier. The library we will share between the two
hosts by using FC devices. When a client in site B wants to restore data he
can do by modify the option files and go to as it was the original server.

We plan to do the db backup both to tape and to the other system as file
device. Does anyone have this running? what did you do to your enviorment
settings like export settings etc.... Are there any problems to expect?

Thanks

Peter