ADSM-L

WIN2K-Complete-Restore

2002-08-13 09:05:17
Subject: WIN2K-Complete-Restore
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:07:28 +0200
Hi all,

I remember a document (Red-Book) where was written how to restore the
Operating-System and all data to a WIN-NT-Server (By starting with an extra
partition with TSM-Client and restoring the other partition ...).
I can not find this document anymore on any Web-page from IBM. Does anybody
have a link ?

But my real problem is to recover a W2K-Server. My collegues are testing
recovery on W2K-Servers and up to now thei didn't manage to get one running
as before (problems that are reported by them are e.g. with the
InternetExplorer 6). Does anybody have a tested plan on how to recover a
W2K-Server with TSM (not realy bar-metal but e.g. with an extra partition
...) or is there anywhere a document on how to do it ?

Thanks for help
Christoph.