ADSM-L

Re: How to save volhist and devconfig

2002-08-02 10:11:07
Subject: Re: How to save volhist and devconfig
From: William Rosette <Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:06:45 -0400
We save our volhist, devconfig, and dsmserv,dsk to rootvg on our TSM node.
Dsmserv.opt is already in rootvg on the TSM node.  And, everyday we run a
mksysb on our TSM node to a separate internal tape drive not TSM controlled
and send this off to our Data Vault daily around 4:00 pm each day.  That
way we can reboot the TSM and rebuild everything from there.  Yes we would
need the software AIX that would accept the mksysb image to our TSM node.

Thank You,
Bill Rosette
Data Center/IS/Papa Johns International
WWJD

|         |           brian welsh      |
|         |           <brianwelsh3@HOTM|
|         |           AIL.COM>         |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM:  |
|         |           Dist Stor        |
|         |           Manager"         |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           .EDU>            |
|         |           08/01/02 03:17 PM|
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor |
|         |           Manager"         |

  |       To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                        |
  |       cc:
                                 |
  |       Subject:  How to save volhist and devconfig

Hello,

I was wondering how other administrators are saving the volhist, devconfig,
dsmserv.dsk and dsmserv.opt.

Every day we save the volhist and devconfig and manually ftp these files to
a network-drive in case of a crash of the server.

Now I'm not familiar with scripts so far, but I want to automate these job.

So, I was wondering how other administrators are doing this job.

Thanks for your reply.

Brian.

Chat on line met vrienden en probeer MSN Messenger uit:
http://messenger.msn.nl