ADSM-L

Re: Cant check a tape in

2002-07-03 20:40:08
Subject: Re: Cant check a tape in
From: Michael Benjamin <MBenjamin AT BUNNINGS.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 08:38:07 +0800
"delete volhistory" seems to be what you require for the volume, it's
probably seeing that the volume was/is a dbbackup volume
in the existing volhist and hence refusing to allow you to re-use it.

----------------8<--------------------------------8<------------------------
--------8<--------------------------------8<--------------------------------
--------8<--------------------------------8<--------------------------------
8<----------------
8<----------------

DELETE VOLHISTORY

DELETE VOLHISTORY (Delete Sequential Volume History Information)

Use this command to delete volume history file records that are no longer

needed (for example, records for obsolete database backup volumes).

When you delete records for volumes that are not in storage pools (for

example, database backup or export volumes), the volumes return to scratch

status even if TSM acquired them as private volumes. Scratch volumes of

device type FILE are deleted. When you delete the records for storage pool

volumes, the volumes remain in the TSM database. When you delete records for

recovery plan file objects from a source server, the objects on the target

server are marked for deletion.

----------------8<--------------------------------8<------------------------
--------8<--------------------------------8<--------------------------------
--------8<--------------------------------8<--------------------------------
8<----------------
8<----------------

Bunnings Legal Disclaimer:

1)      This document is confidential and may contain legally privileged
        information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
                                                disclose or use the information
contained in it. If you have
        received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by
        return email and delete the document.

2)      All e-mails sent to and sent from Bunnings Building Supplies are
        scanned for content. Any material deemed to contain inappropriate
        subject matter will be reported to the e-mail administrator of
        all parties concerned.