ADSM-L

Exclusions added to dsm.opt

2002-07-03 17:46:27
Subject: Exclusions added to dsm.opt
From: Joe McAllister <jmcallister AT GRUNDFOS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:28:49 -0700
I found the section in the manual that covers the recommended Windows
system files to exclude (see below).  I changed the dsm.opt files to
reflect this list.  My question is:  If I attempt a full restore will these
files that got backed up (prior to me excluding them) restore and risk
corrupting windows as the manual suggests?  If so, how do I address this?

exclude "*:\microsoft uam volume\*"
exclude "*:\microsoft uam volume\...\*"
exclude "*:\...\ea data. sf"
exclude "*:\...\pagefile.sys"
exclude "*:\...\ibmbio.com"
exclude "*:\ibmdos.com"
exclude "*:\msdos.sys"
exclude "*:io.sys"
exclude.dir *:\recycled
exclude.dir *:\recycler
exclude.dir *:\...\system32\wins
exclude.dir *:\...\system32\LServer
exclude.dir *:\...\system32\dhcp
exclude.dir *:\...\system32\config
exclude.dir "*:\system volume information"
exclude *:\...\system32\perflib*.dat
exclude.dir "*:\...\temporary internet files"
exclude "*:\documents and settings\...\ntuser.dat.LOG"
exclude "*:\documents and settings\...\ntuser.dat"
exclude "*:\documents and settings\...\usrclass.dat.LOG"
exclude "*:\documents and settings\...\usrclass.dat"

Thanks in advance -

Joe McAllister
Grundfos Pumps Corp.