ADSM-L

Message repository error

2002-07-02 15:52:30
Subject: Message repository error
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:17:39 -0700
I have the following situation:
NT4 Notes server that had V3.1.08 software on it, along with the Notes agent
of old. The Notes agent was turned off but the software is still installed.
On Friday the admin installed 4.2.1.32 on the server, but NOT over top of
the old software. On the TSM server I see the  message (WinNT) refused -
client is down-level with this server version, on both of the nodes this was
done on. Backups have been missed since Friday.

On the client the following message is in dsierror log: ANS0113E NLInit:
Message repository 'd:\ibm\adsm\agentln\dscameng.txt' has an invalid control
record. The agentln directory is where the old notes agent was installed
(still there but not used) so I don't understand why the new install of the
client software on the C drive would be looking at this. All the services
were removed and reinstalled pointing to the new options files but each time
the service is started this message is written to the log.

Has anyone seen this and found the workaround?

Thanks,
Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154