ADSM-L

TSM v4.1 clients NOT compatible with V5.1 server?

2002-06-06 14:11:55
Subject: TSM v4.1 clients NOT compatible with V5.1 server?
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:10:22 -0400
Hello all,
         If I am reading things correctly, all my v4.1 clients are NOT
compatible with V5.1 server.  Nor is a V5.1 client (where supported)
compatible with a V4.1.5 server.   Is this supposed to be a multi-step
upgrade?   Am I therefore supposed to tell management that the presence of
WIN95 laptops will stop our ability to upgrade to V5.1, (because they do not
have a v4.2 client)  ?
http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/compatibility.html

I am running v4.1.5 server on z/OS 1.1.   I have WINxx (all of them )
clients, AIX, SUN, Novell, and MAC clients mostly v4.1.  Has anyone gone
this route already or can tell me what migration path I can take?
Matt