ADSM-L

Re: management class question?

2002-06-05 19:08:15
Subject: Re: management class question?
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 14:56:05 -0400
I already looked there sometimes people use the archive option: "-archmc="
and I don't know what management class they used from the server side.
Thanks!

--Justin Richard Bleistein
                    "Cook, Dwight
                    "Cook, Dwight
                    E"                    To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <DWIGHT.E.COOK        cc:
                    @SAIC.COM>            Subject:     Re: management class
question?
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    06/05/2002
                    11:40 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

filespaces as a whole, aren't bound to a managmement class...

I would check the include/exclude file and see how it is coded.
Also remember, if you change the include/exclude list, that will apply it
all files previously backed up so the include/exclude list would be the
place to look.

an example could be

include /home/.../* some_default_mgmt_class (or nothing here at all)
exclude /home/Idontlikethisuser/.../*
include /home/mysubdir/.../*  some_special_mgmt_class
include /home/someotherdirpath/.../* some_minimal_mgmt_class

Dwight