ADSM-L

Multiple HBA Configuration on AIX/TSM

2002-06-04 10:32:19
Subject: Multiple HBA Configuration on AIX/TSM
From: Kenneth T Hymes <khymes AT KEYSPANENERGY DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:18:09 -0400
 New install of TSM 5.1, running on AIX 4.3.3. We have four HBA's Emulex
LP9002l's,
 two configured to CLARRion storage for Database, Recovery Log and Disk
 Storage Pool. The other two HBA's are going to a Brocade switch's where

 there are 8 9940 STK Fiber drives. We cannot see/configure the tape
drives.
We swapped out the LP90002's to LP7000's and still have not been able to
see the
tape drives. Is anyone running a similar environment that can help with
the configuration
of the HBA's ? We are using the CLARiion drivers for the CLARiion
storage and
have tried the IBM and Emulex drivers for the Tape HBA's.

Ken Hymes
khymes AT keyspanenergy DOT com