ADSM-L

Re: TSM Version 5 Question

2002-05-24 10:09:56
Subject: Re: TSM Version 5 Question
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 08:59:27 -0500
There is no change (yet) to the TDP/R3 code between TSM 4.x and TSM 5.1.

The TDP/R3 software uses the TSM API to back up the Oracle database and a
small assortment of control files. The API comes with the TSM backup/archive
client, so you need to have the backup/archive client installed before
installing the TDP/R3 software. And you need the backup/archive client to
back up such trivialities as the SAP executables, the Oracle software, and
any processes you've built outside of SAP.

In the Great Scheme of Things, regardless of pricing strategy, the B/A
client is very inexpensive compared to the TDP/R3 code.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc