ADSM-L

NT Script to check for failed backups

2002-05-23 17:19:32
Subject: NT Script to check for failed backups
From: Justin Black <Justin.Black AT FMS.TREAS DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 17:02:37 -0400
I am looking for an automated method to check for failed TSM and TDP
backups on an NT machine. We kick off different backups (using the TSM
scheduler and NT Services) on different machines on a daily basis and are
unable to manually verify (due to time constraints) that these are all
successful. We have noticed when failure occurs during a TSM backup of a
particular file, it is written to the NT EventLog. On our Unix platform, we
are able to do this and email messages are sent out when a failure occurs.
Any ideas how this can be accomplished on NT?

Justin Black