ADSM-L

HP HA Clusters

2002-05-23 16:49:55
Subject: HP HA Clusters
From: Mahesh Tailor <MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 16:47:53 -0400
Hello.

I am not an expert in HP clusters, so please pardon any incorrect technical
language I may use.

TSM: 5.0.1.2
AIX: 4.3.3.09+PATCHES

We are trying to backup some HP HA clusters that serve up our major
applications.  These cluster have "packages" that move from system to system
within the cluster.  My system folks are saying that they need to backup the
[physical] system and all packages on that system.  Each package shows up as a
separate [virtual] "system".

How can I get these demons backed up?  Is it one client for each [virtual]
"system" or it is one client on the physical system with different opt and sys
files for each virtual system?  If it is one client with different opt and sys
files, then how do I point to the various files?  And, when it comes to
restoring (whether web client or command line) how do I reference the necessary
filespaces?

Thanks.

Mahesh