ADSM-L

Re: Select Stmt? or Query

2002-05-07 22:26:09
Subject: Re: Select Stmt? or Query
From: Steve Harris <STEVE_HARRIS AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 12:26:26 +1000
Try something like

select date_time, message
from actlog
where nodename='MYNODE'
and date_time > current timestamp - 12 hours
and msgno in (1234, 5678, 9876)

Just tune the where clause to select the messages that you want.  Run this in
commadelimited mode and pipe the output through your scripting tool of choice
to give you a pretty report.

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin
Queensland Health, Brisbane Australia

>>> Bud.Brown AT DHHA DOT ORG 08/05/2002 3:35:57 >>>
Hello All:

I have a unix client that kicks off an incremental backups thru tivoli
using an internal dump process for a sql database.  I want to provide a
report to the group that monitors its backup.  The only information they
care about is whether a filespace backed up successfully, what files
failed, and how much data was transferred.  For the time being I am
running 'q actlog begind=-1 begint=18:00:00 sea='nodename', because we
try to schedule our backups between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.  This is too much
information to run thru on a daily basis for them and they were hoping I
could trim down a report.  Does anybody have a select statement or query
that comes close to the needs I have?

Thanks,

Bud Brown
Information Services
Systems Administrator

This e-mail, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential
and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality
is not waived or lost if you receive it and you are not the intended
recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/ received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review
of this e-mail is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of
confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this
e-mail in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by
telephone or by return e-mail.  You should also delete this e-mail
message and destroy any hard copies produced.