ADSM-L

Re: Client Option Sets

2002-04-10 15:45:07
Subject: Re: Client Option Sets
From: "Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:45:12 -0500
I suspect we mean the same thing, I just don't write in my native tongue
very well --

Multiple client options sets where you define exclusions for specific
things:
One set with inclexcl for WINNT4 clients, a set with inclexcl for Oracle,
one for MSSQL and if you had a WNNT server with Oracle, you just specify the
WINNT and the Oracle for the client.

I'm one of those sorts that likes to keep administration as simple as
possible - only one place to look at the lists rather than 1500 dsm.opt
files as we do at this location now.

Just my thoughts with the wish that IBM/Tivoli is listening ;)