ADSM-L

Re: Client Option Sets

2002-04-11 09:24:23
Subject: Re: Client Option Sets
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:24:09 -0400
Being able to have like a 'base' option set and then have others that reference
that 'base'. For example at one client I have I created a generic WIN32 option
set for all the NT servers. I then had to create option sets for 'special'
servers that were, for example, running the TDP agents. I would COPY CLOPTSET
WIN32 to the newname and then add in my Excludes for the SQL databases or
Domino NSF databases that would normally be backed up via the TDP. Now when
they started migrating to Win2k, that had more Excludes in the standard WIN32
option set, but instead of just having to update the 'base' WIN32 option set, I
had to (try and) remember what all option sets I created from the 'base' WIN32
set to make sure that I added all the new Include/Excludes to them.

Maybe just being able to have line an INCLUDE CLOPTSET, or some other way to
reference this 'base' option set would make life easier. Maybe someone could
bring this up at the next SHARE conference??

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.