ADSM-L

Re: Client Memory usage on NT CLIENT

2002-03-06 08:35:29
Subject: Re: Client Memory usage on NT CLIENT
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 08:30:58 -0500
The client can indeed consume a large amount of memory during the backup,
as it requests backup information from the server for all active backup
versions. Given your large file system, several hundred MB of memory
doesn't surprise me.

Try the 4.2.1.26 patch level, which includes a fix for IC32797 that may
address at least part of your problem. While the client may still require
large amounts of memory (I don't think it will need anywhere near 4 GB!,
though), this fix should improve the efficiency of TSM's memory allocation
routines, and help mitigate the problem.

You can find the patch at:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/client/v4r2/Windows/WinNT/v421

The file names you need all begin with IP22373_26. Please review the
IP22373_26.README.FTP file for download and install instructions.

While I can not give you an exact number as to how much memory you need,
you may be a bit underpowered at 512 MB of RAM. But try the patch, and see
if it helps.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Sascha Askani <se7en_t_2 AT GMX DOT NET>
03/06/2002 03:42