ADSM-L

Client Memory usage on NT CLIENT

2002-03-06 05:59:40
Subject: Client Memory usage on NT CLIENT
From: Sascha Askani <se7en_t_2 AT GMX DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:42:08 +0100
Hi,

we are using a 4.2.1 Client on a Machine running WinNT4 SP6a. The Client is
connected to an FC-Array containing approx. 1'000'000 files and 1'800'000
directories (growing). Since the TSM hangs the whole system when trying to
backup these files, I took a look on the memoy usage: the software uses 360
MB of RAM after running for 2m30sec and still shows zero inspected objects.
Do you have a clue how much RAM I need to successfully backup these files
and what values are there to tune the performance ?

I used the "memory efficient backup" switch, that changed nothing.
The machine is a P3-866, 512MB RAM.

According to IBM I need approx. 4GB of RAM to do this Backup ?!

Greetings and TIA

Sascha