ADSM-L

AW: DB reorg & Audit

2002-03-04 10:17:55
Subject: AW: DB reorg & Audit
From: "Luscombe John (HS)" <John.Luscombe AT CONCORDIA DOT CH>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:15:33 +0100
Daniel,

Thanks for the prompt response. I'm pretty sure we do in fact have errors in
the DB, hence my suspicion of a required Audit.

Our machine has 2 Power3 375MHz processors with 1GB memory, I don't think
the disks are mirrored.

I assume your Audit was with the Fix=yes option, but did you have
Detail=yes, as this would seem to cause even more checking.

If we did an unload, then reload and started an audit, but for whatever
reason it ran too long, could we cancel the audit, then do the reload again,
after redefining the DB and Logs? If this (or other method) is feasible then
it might just allay any fears of starting an audit without knowing exactly
how long it's going to take.

Thanks for your help.

John.