ADSM-L

Re: Help on TSM Client version 2.2 for Exchange 5.5

2002-02-22 10:13:50
Subject: Re: Help on TSM Client version 2.2 for Exchange 5.5
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:10:02 -0500
> According to internal information from Tivoli recieved at a
> briefing meeting with, amongst other, Steve Cliff, a brick
> level restore client is under development. Do you mean that
> this information is untrue? In this case, how can a Tivoli
> representant give this information to business partners at
> an official meeting held at Tivoli Knowledge call(sametime meeting)?
>
> Seems there is two different informations given here,
> one from the US, and from the UK. Which one are we to trust?

Daniel,

I spoke with Steve... there was a misunderstanding on exactly
what was going on...

The bottom line is that there is nothing in plan to
ship brick level backup and restore support for
TDP for Exchange right now.

However... we do know that item level backup/restore is
something some of our customers would like (even with the
scalability issues). We are still looking into this for
the future...                     ------------

Microsoft is doing some very aggressive things with Exchange,
which I am sure you heard...like rebasing to the SQL server
database... and so we want to make sure what we do in this
area is the correct long-term thing for everyone.

We are working with Microsoft development to stay on top of this.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave