ADSM-L

Re: Help on TSM Client version 2.2 for Exchange 5.5

2002-02-21 09:22:37
Subject: Re: Help on TSM Client version 2.2 for Exchange 5.5
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:14:18 +0100
Hi

There is a brick-level restore TDP for Exchange out within the next
month(s).

But Tivoli's advice is not to use the brick level restore functionality...
Haven't heard why yet..

IBM CommonStore for Exchange is a good product for using HSM together with
Exchange(also exists for Domino). However, this is NOT a backup software.
You still need to do backup using TDP for Exchange of your Exchange/Domino
server. Also, as with all other HSM software, using copypools is probably a
good idea.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    Mark Bertrand

                    <Mark.Bertrand@USUN        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    WIRED.COM>                 cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM:            Subject:     Re: Help on TSM
Client version 2.2
                    Dist Stor Manager"         for Exchange 5.5

                    <[email protected]

                    2002-02-21 14:32

                    Please respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

Bill,

Can you elaborate on IBM Content Manager CommonStore for Exchange? I was
told to do some research on this product. I have visited
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/commonstore/exchange/ and am in contact
with an IBM sales rep, but I wanted to get some feedback from someone who
has experienced it first hand.

If you feel that this discussion is not in direct interest of the group,
please feel free to email me directly.

Mark Bertrand