ADSM-L

Re: ANR1217E (insufficient mount points) ... TSM 4.2.1.9 ???

2002-01-28 00:13:16
Subject: Re: ANR1217E (insufficient mount points) ... TSM 4.2.1.9 ???
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:10:55 -0600
On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 07:54:39 -0600, it was written:
>I went ahead yesterday and applied the patch to my production <sigh, I don't
>yet
>have a test environment> servers.  I didn't see any evidence of mount point
>wait
>failures from last night, nor any drives becoming unavailable due to mount
>point
>errors.
>
>So, hopefully, 4.2.1.9 DID fix the problem!

Unfortunately, 4.2.1.9 for Windows 2K presents another problem.
Creating a backupset on an Ultrium tape drive with TSM 4.2.1.9 will
regularly crash the TSM server. We've recreated the problem with two
entirely separate systems. (The backupset gets created properly, but
then the system promptly goes down hard.)

Tivoli is aware of the problem, and is working on it.