ADSM-L

Re: ANR1217E (insufficient mount points) ... TSM 4.2.1.9 ???

2002-01-03 06:58:46
Subject: Re: ANR1217E (insufficient mount points) ... TSM 4.2.1.9 ???
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 11:56:49 +0000
Following my tests before Christmas with TSM 4.2.1.9 server on AIX I posted a
note regarding mount point mis-behaviour.  I have now done some more testing
and I think the problem I saw related to the subtle behaviour when you have
no tape drives defined to a server : processes do not wait.  If you have at
least one drive defined, regardless of whether it is already busy, a second
process will wait for its turn on the drive.  I think this behaviour is as
it was at earlier versions (and I have come across this before but had not
remembered it).  So, sorry if I worried anyone before Christmas ...

[We still are not running this code in production but might very soon.]

Regards, Sheelagh
--
Sheelagh Treweek
Sheelagh Treweek