ADSM-L

Re: backing up to tape/OS/390

2002-01-26 17:17:35
Subject: Re: backing up to tape/OS/390
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:09:46 EST
In article <11D4C3C38AE9D011902400805FFEE10D0605D02B AT ewst01.exchange.ml DOT
com>,
"Wholey, Joseph (TGA\\MLOL)" <JWholey AT EXCHANGE.ML DOT COM> says:

>Environment:
>System/390
>device type: Cartridge/3590
>TSM 4.1.3 Server
>TSM client 3.1.06
>

>Scenario:
>I get notified in advance that I'll need to restore multiple clients (gigs
>wort
>of data) on a given weekend.  I manually kick off a base backup to a "spare"
>TS
>server on Friday night so when the
>call comes in (over the weekend) to restore the servers, I restore from a
>relatively quiet TSM server.  I'm not contending with the production backup
>cycle.

Hello Joe

If I understand your question, you are using a one time backup on a
extra instance of a tsm server just for this restore.
To keep only one node's data on a tape set the Collacate parm on the
tape storage pool to the value YES. Or if you have a number of large
filespaces per node, you can set it to FILespace.

len
Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room RB448                                  len.boyle AT sas DOT com
1 SAS Campus Drive                          (919) 531-6241
Cary NC 27513