ADSM-L

Re: 3494,rs6000 and rs232

2002-01-14 10:31:06
Subject: Re: 3494,rs6000 and rs232
From: Adam J Boyer <adam.j.boyer AT FRB DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:12:10 -0500
One other question:

Did your IBM CE do any work on the library recently?  In our case, we
used rs232 to talk to the LM during our evaluation.  Then when we bought
the 3494, the CE came in, made some changes and rs232 stopped working.
It turns out that one of the changes included swapping out the ARTIC
card for one that had no ports we could use for communication.  I guess
the vast majority uses ethernet so they figured it wouldn't be missed.

adam