ADSM-L

3494,rs6000 and rs232

2002-01-13 21:33:49
Subject: 3494,rs6000 and rs232
From: Brecton Whitten <bwhitten AT UABMC DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:33:49 -0600
TSM'ers,

  If anyone is using rs232 to communicate with
a 3494, some help would be appreciated. We
are currently running TSM 4.1 on AIX 4.3.3 on
a 604e High node ( MCA ) in an SP2 complex.
3590 drives SCSI attached in a 3494 using rs232
serial LM connection on a serial attached port
extender.

  We are trying to move to an H50 ( PCI ) , still
using AIX 4.3.3 and attempting to attach the LM
to the serial ( S2 ) port. We have tried using a 25 / 9
pin converter, but still are unable to connect to the LM.
We continue to get the 'Library is offline to host' message.
We are using Atape 5.4.4and atldd 4.1.5.

We have followed all doc about drivers. Adding atld through
SMIT starts lmcp daemon correctly and ibmatl.conf is
correctly configured. We have also tried a null / modem
connection between the serial cable and 25 / 9 pin
converter.

There are a couple of threads about this type of thing
but none of them address specifics about cable type
or any extras that are needed for connection.

If anyone has any suggestions or has made this
work, we would appreciate hearing from you.

                                                        TIA,
                                               Brec Whitten
                                               UAB Hospital