ADSM-L

Re: Return code=4 on scheduled backap

2002-01-10 04:16:27
Subject: Re: Return code=4 on scheduled backap
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:08:17 +0100
Hi

First of all, you should upgrade your server. There is a lot of bugfixes
since 4.1.3.

Second, you only sent two lines from your log file. Have you looked to see
if there is any errors during backup?

We've been using 4.2.1.15 since it came out, and has never had this kind of
problem. We've have now upgraded to 4.2.1.18, and it works perfect.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    Guillaume Gilbert

                    <guillaume.gilbert@DESJA        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    RDINS.COM>                      cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist            Subject:     Return code=4
on scheduled
                    Stor Manager"                   backap

                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    2002-01-09 21:59

                    Please respond to "ADSM:

                    Dist Stor Manager"

Hello

We just installed a 4.2.1.15 client on an NT box and now we get the bug in
the event reporting :

2002-01-08 17:31:06 --- SCHEDULEREC STATUS END
2002-01-08 17:31:06 --- SCHEDULEREC OBJECT END FEN_QUOT 2002-01-08 17:00:00
2002-01-08 17:31:06 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'FEN_QUOT' failed.  Return
code = 4.

which reports to the server that the schedule has failed.

I searched adsm.org and this bug was supposed to be fixed in 4.2.1.15 but
it clearly isn't. Is there a workaound to this bug or do I have to live
with it until it is fixed?

The server is at 4.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3

Thanks for the help

Guillaume Gilbert