ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.1 Journal Settings

2002-01-05 08:22:19
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.1 Journal Settings
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 08:19:09 -0500
Pete -

Is there a limit to the number of drives that can be journaled? It's been a
few weeks since I tried so I don't have the exact error message but I'd say
somewhere around 10-12 and I wasn't able to add any more drives. We are
going after good sized file servers....15+ drives at 50GB each per server. I
would think that is the type of environment where the journal would really
shine.

We have had limited success so far with the Journal service. When it works,
it's great, but not a lot of confidence in it yet. The other issue that we
have had is running with the system account. Just floods the NT event logs.
Changed to running as the local admin account and the messages clear up.
From what I found in one of the Redbooks it implied that system account
should work.

Thoughts?

Curt Magura