ADSM-L

TSM 4.2.1 Journal Settings

2002-01-04 11:18:38
Subject: TSM 4.2.1 Journal Settings
From: "Scott, Brian" <bscott AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:15:57 -0500
Good Mornin' *SMer's,

Does anyone know what's the max setting for the NotifyBufferSize= in the
tsmjbbd.ini? We're running the Journal Service on a TSM 4.2.1 Win2k box with
3.5GB of RAM. We have 2 filesystems besides the O/S that are about 280GB
apiece comprised of 2.3 million objects apiece. I tried a touch command on
25% of the filesystem to simulate change to the files to populate the
journal but received the following error during the file change process:

01/04/2002 10:07:00 psFsMonitorThread(tid 2688): Notification buffer overrun
for monitored FS 'R:\'.

I tried changing the NotifyBufferSize= 0x3200000 but didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas or know the max setting?

Thanks,

Brian Scott
EDS - Enterprise Distributed Capabilities
MS 3278
Troy, MI 48098

* phone: 248-265-4596 (8-365)
* mailto:bscott AT eds DOT com