ADSM-L

NamedPipe settings on W2K client

2001-12-14 14:16:28
Subject: NamedPipe settings on W2K client
From: "Scott, Brian" <bscott AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:13:11 -0500
Does anyone know if any NamedPipe performance settings?  We're running the
latest 4.2.x TSM B/A client on a Win2K box running LAN-free to a Sun
Microsystems Sunfire backup server (TSM 4.2.1.7). We've noticed that using
NamedPipe between the TSM Storage Agent and the TSM backup server is almost
twice as fast as traditional IP based but we're only able to get about 3 -
4MB/s throughput. Are there any settings pertaining to NamedPipe we can use?

Thanks,

Brian Scott
Infrastructure Analyst
EDS - Enterprise Distributed Capabilities
MS 3278
Troy, MI 48098

* phone: 248-265-4596 (8-365)
* mailto:bscott AT eds DOT com