ADSM-L

Seek advice on Lotus Notes R4.6 backup

2001-11-22 06:48:58
Subject: Seek advice on Lotus Notes R4.6 backup
From: Molly YM Pui <puimym AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 19:47:20 +0800
Dear TSMers,

My customer has a Lotus Notes R4.6 Server on AIX. As you all know that TDP
for Notes has already been withdrawn and my customer still hasn't got a
plan to migrate to R5. Do anyone of you have experience in just using TSM
backup/archive client to backup R4.6 online?

Actually we have set up a testing environment in the customer site. We had
just one AIX server ver 4.3.3 being both the Notes and TSM server/client
(ver 4.2.1) connecting to a 3494 tape library. We have a problem when a
user's mailbox is receiving or sending files during backup. I set the
"sharedstatic" mode in the backup copy group, the file is backed up even it
is being modified. When we try to restore the nsf file, the mailbox is
corrupted and only the "inbox" is accessible.

Is there a way to "freeze" a particular user's mailbox before backup, and
"refreeze" it after backup? Or simply, is there any better method to handle
the R4.6 online backup without TDP for notes?

Many thanks.

Molly