ADSM-L

Re: Length of database audit and other migration lessons...

2001-10-24 10:07:48
Subject: Re: Length of database audit and other migration lessons...
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:04:19 -0500
At 05:55 PM 10/23/2001 -0400, you wrote:
db audit start: 20:17 10/22/2001
db audit end:   17:35 10/23/2001
elapsed:        21:18
Over 350 million database entries processed.

It sure would be nice to know approximately how many 'entries'
there are in order to gauge how much further the audit process
has to go. Anybody know where you can find this?

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University

Gretchen,

When I asked the same question a few months ago, the response I got was
something like

        "select count(filespace_name) from backups"

This required more DB space than I had available at the time.