ADSM-L

Re: Multifile TSM DB restores

2001-10-17 16:36:32
Subject: Re: Multifile TSM DB restores
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:32:19 -0400
Not a problem - it's the same as the database backup taking up 2 (or more)
tapes.  The restore command would just have both volume names on it (ex:
vol=03341604.dbb,03343439.dbb).  Or, if your volhist file is there, it's
just the normal commands.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

Today is the tomorrow of yesterday.

                    Lawrence Clark
                    <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY DOT ST       To:     ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    ATE.NY.US>                    cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist          Subject:     Multifile TSM DB
restores
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    10/17/2001 03:46 PM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Hi:
Our TSM DB has grown recently due to a sudden large increase in archives.
Our DB backups to disk on the aix (before they are written to 8mm tape )
now split into two volumes in the file system:
-rw-------   1 root     sys      6291456000 Oct 17 14:30 03341604.DBB
-rw-------   1 root     sys      667142311 Oct 17 14:34 03343439.DBB
-rw-------   1 root     sys      667142311 Oct 17 14:34 03343439.DBB
After the 1st shows as full. The backup appears to run fine with the number
After the 1st shows as full. The backup appears to run fine with the number
of pages continuing to increment as the 2nd DBB file is filling.

But not having encountered this previously, I'm wondering if anyone has
ever had to restore a TSM DB on two .DBB files and if there is any concern
here?