ADSM-L

Multifile TSM DB restores

2001-10-17 15:50:21
Subject: Multifile TSM DB restores
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 15:46:29 -0400
Hi:
Our TSM DB has grown recently due to a sudden large increase in archives. Our
DB backups to disk on the aix (before they are written to 8mm tape ) now split
into two volumes in the file system:
-rw-------   1 root     sys      6291456000 Oct 17 14:30 03341604.DBB
-rw-------   1 root     sys      667142311 Oct 17 14:34 03343439.DBB
-rw-------   1 root     sys      667142311 Oct 17 14:34 03343439.DBB
After the 1st shows as full. The backup appears to run fine with the After the
1st shows as full. The backup appears to run fine with the number of pages
continuing to increment as the 2nd DBB file is filling.

But not having encountered this previously, I'm wondering if anyone has ever
had to restore a TSM DB on two .DBB files and if there is any concern here?