ADSM-L

Client Restore Logging

2001-10-17 13:36:06
Subject: Client Restore Logging
From: Charles Anderson <ceanderson AT DIS.UMSMED DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:34:00 -0500
Folks,

We just had a restore that went very very sour.  I was wondering if there is
any logging done for restores.  All I see in the activity log is that a session
opened, X files were restored, X bytes, session closed.  I've been looking for
some log on the client ( it's a Netware 4.1 box using client 4.1.2 and our
server is 4.1.4 on Solaris 2.6 ), but all I can find are the scedule log and
the error log.  Can anyone point me to where I might find a log of what
commands were issued by the client for the restore?

Thanks,
Ed

Ed Anderson
Backup / Unix Systems Administrator
Dept. of Information Systems
University of Mississippi Medical Center

The information in this email is considered
confidential In the event that you received this
email by misdelivery/accident please delete it
and disregard its contents.