ADSM-L

Re: Unable to define Qualstar TLS 4480 library

2001-10-17 13:37:31
Subject: Re: Unable to define Qualstar TLS 4480 library
From: Hunny Kershaw <hunnychka AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:34:47 -0700
Please run lbtest to see if there's a problem with the
Read Element Status command.

lbtest -d lb0.0.0.7
1. Manual Test
6. Open
8. Return Element Count

If 8 fails with completion code 321 (RES_MISMATCH),
then there's a problem with the RES command. Possibly,
the firmware now returns drive serial numbers which
currently are not handled by the device driver.

Last week, one gentleman mentioned the work around on
the TLS-8xxxx series. Try to find DT-SERIAL option on
your library and disable that option. The library then
will not return the serial numbers and things should
get moving again.

Regards,

HK..