ADSM-L

NT client restore C drive

2001-10-03 14:55:52
Subject: NT client restore C drive
From: "Ripley, Bev" <bripley AT CVPS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:37:36 -0400
On a bare bones restore of a Windows NT client's C drive, we are getting
very poor throughput times.  For example, it is taking an hour and a half to
restore 200 MB.  Restoring the D drive is much better - 4 minutes for 50 MB.
We have release 4.1, a 10/100 Ethernet network, OS/390 TSM server, and we
are booting off an alternate partition on the NT client to restore the C
drive.
Why would we have such a discrepancy in restore times between the 2 drives?
And is this average performance?  We have much larger servers coming up in
our plans and this is not an acceptable timeframe for restores.
TIA