ADSM-L

Re: NT client restore C drive

2001-10-05 04:34:55
Subject: Re: NT client restore C drive
From: Walter Ridderhof <Walter.Ridderhof AT MAIL.ING DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:40:13 +0200
Bev,

First up I haven't got a clue as to why restoring from an alternate NT partition
is so dramatically slow, it does warrant further investigation by ?. For the
moment I'd just like to give you some extra insight where it concerns disaster
restore on NT systems (if you search the ADSM archives you'd find more info that
you'd like to read).
You can do a disaster restore from the C: partiton using this partition as the
recovery partition, just do a  NT install on C: to an alternate system
directory, say WINNTDRM, from there on configure TCP/IP, install the TSM client
(install it somewhere under WINNTDRM) and do a full restore of C: (replace=yes)
followed by a restore of the registry hives and a reboot.
After the system has properly booted into the original NT partition you can
remove the recovery partition.
A can't remember how many times I've done this, I've even got customers using
this method to clone NT server systems.

regards Walter Ridderhof.

ATTENTION:
ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.