ADSM-L

New M80

2001-08-08 09:46:20
Subject: New M80
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 06:46:44 -0700
Well folks, my M80 arrived and is sort of up. There is still much work to do
before it will be moved to production, so while I'm thinking about things I
thought I'd ask some advice from all of you. Please, anyone, feel free to
chime in with any experience they have had, good or bad, as it relates to
moving TSM to a new server.

The one question that comes to mind first is this. I received TSM Server 4.2
the other day and my plan is to use it. Should I worry about installing 4.1
and upgrading or just install 4.2 and import the most current DB backup?
Things should be fine but who knows for sure. Since 4.2 is new I doubt
anyone has done this yet.

Thanks for the suggestions in advance....

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC