ADSM-L

ANS1228E MESSAGE

2001-06-14 07:33:32
Subject: ANS1228E MESSAGE
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:33:41 +0100
Hi all,

TSM server 3.7.20.0
TSM client 3.7.2.0

One of our netware clients every night reports numerous ANS1228E errors in its
error log during its backup

"ANS1228E Sending of object 'object-nameobject-nameobject-name' failed
       Explanation:  The specified file (object-name) cannot be sent to
       the server.
       System Action:  File skipped."

These are against both directory and file objects.
The question is where is TSM getting the information that these directory/files
exist so that they
even need to be backed up.
The netware administrator tells me that they have not existed on the client box
for some time,
 I have run sql against the database  backups table and cannot find these
objects.
I am at a bit of a loss
Anyone seen this before or got any idea what is happening.
Grateful for any thoughts

John

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern
Energy plc.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission.

Scottish Hydro-Electric and Southern Electric are trading names of
Scottish and Southern Energy Group.