ADSM-L

STK L700 and LTO (Seagate&HP)

2001-06-14 05:23:22
Subject: STK L700 and LTO (Seagate&HP)
From: Xavier Chavanet <chavanet AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:09:13 +0200
From: Xavier 1 Chavanet

In november 2000, we decided to order an L700 and LTO IBM drives. STK had said
that the IBM LTO drives will be available in january 2001 and we plan to install
it in february. This configuration is supported fully supported by Tivoli.

The L700/IBM LTO was delayed to february, then march, then june, then november
2001... Houps!
Now, STK is only able to deliver Seagate or HP LTO drives!  Tivoli seems to have
no plan to certificate either Seagate or HP on TSM.

Is anyone making test using L700 and Seagate/HP LTO drives on TSM?

Xavier Chavanet
chavanet AT kodak DOT com