ADSM-L

Re: adsm 3.1 and stgpool reclaim threshold

2001-05-31 00:09:52
Subject: Re: adsm 3.1 and stgpool reclaim threshold
From: Stephen Pole <stephenp AT PRTH.GEOBANK.PGS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 12:05:16 +0800
Yet another idea,

It may well be if you have no admin command schedules there maybe another
script or something in cron that maybe doing the update as well.....

I have a script is rc.shutdown that updates the storage pool levels prior to
shutdown.

The reason for this is that I have forgotten this ... and not made allowance
in the startup scripts.... and have been caught with all 10 3590's drives
being hit hard all day after a re-boot.

Perhaps you may have something similar buzzing away in the background???
It could be of course a default !! so you would need to set up schedules as
described earlier in Admin Schedules etc ...

Feel free to call me

Stephen Pole
Operations Manager - PetroBank Asia Pacific
Level 4 1060 Hay Street
WEST PERTH

Phone +61 8 9320 9000