ADSM-L

Re: Tivoli would not start (AIX)

2001-04-03 10:35:00
Subject: Re: Tivoli would not start (AIX)
From: "Wu, Jie" <JWu AT NCTR.FDA DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:35:37 -0500
I acturally saw this same error message a couple of days ago on our DLT
library, even there was no vloumes in the drives. But it was after the
server started up. I do not think these errors will stop TSM from starting.
Are you really sure the server was not up?
Any way, the following steps were what I did to fix the problem:
        1) q drive and check the ''online" status of your DLT drives. If the
status is unavailable, I suspect SCSI errors. do 'update drive ''library
name" "drive name" online=yes'.
        2) if the library has built-in scsi communication test capability,
run it and make sure there is no scsi error within the library itself.
                3) do 'audit library "library name"', this shall fix the
error of "no No drives are currently available in library DLT_LIBRARY"
        4) if there is no response from the library, check the connection
between your host the library.

Jie