ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server didn't recognize time change

2001-04-03 10:42:01
Subject: Re: TSM Server didn't recognize time change
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 10:42:13 -0400
Quoting William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>:

> TSM 3.7.3.0 running on OS/390 2.9
>
> This past weekend, the time on the mainframe was altered using the SET
> CLOCK
> command instead of an IPL. I had the operators issue the ACCEPT DATE
> command
> to TSM 'assuming' that the new time would take effect. WRONG!! Last
> night I
> was checking the server and found that schedules were an hour behind
> and
> that the activity log was also an hour behind. I ended up having the
> bounce
> TSM to get it to accept the new time.

My site just took an OS/390 2.9 system through the time change the same
way. We tried to used the 'accept date' command resynchronize the
internal time on our 3.7.4.0 TSM server with the updated system time.
The command reported successful completion, but had no effect on the
server's internal time. This was a considerable disappointment after
all the postings to this list recommending this use of the 'accept
date' command.

> Is this normal behavior?

That is not clear. The documentation for the 'accept date' command
describes only one use for the command: responding to a server
initialization message indicating that the system time is either
earlier than the last server shutdown time, or later by an implausibly
large amount.