ADSM-L

Funny problem with TDP for Domino on NT

2001-03-28 04:36:13
Subject: Funny problem with TDP for Domino on NT
From: amir mazli <amazli AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 01:36:51 -0800
Hi all,
Need help here. I have 2 NT servers. One is a TSM
server 3.7 (Server A) and another is a TSM client 3.1
(Server B). Both has Domino.

So i installed the TDP for Domino 1.1 on both servers.
Installation was successful. Both has Domino sever.
Server A is COMMAS1 and Server B is DevSvr.

After configuring both TDP for Domino, I test backup
through TDP. It was successful but a funny thing
happen...

In server B, when (in TDP GUI) i try to check database
to restore, i see each database that i have recently
backup. Same using the command domdsmc query dbbackup
*

But in server A, when (in TDP GUI) i try to check
database to restore, i can't see any even though the
backup was successful. Through the command domdsmc
query dbbackup * too error came out :
ANS1302e (RC2) no objects on server match query

On server A, if i check q filesp in the tsm server,
there are some fp that has been backup for that
particular node through TDP.??!?

Then i found another thing, i tried to do domdsmc
query adsmserver for both tdp (command line):
For server A:

TSM API Version ... Version 4, Rel 1, Level 0
Server version ...... Version 3, Rel 7 Level 0.0

but for Server B:

TSM API Version .... Version 3, Rel 1, Level 7
Server version ...... Version 3, Rel 7 Level 0.0

What could be the problem here. I installed from the
same CD but the result is different.

TIA

Ameerul