ADSM-L

Re: Audit Library Unsuccessful

2001-03-27 11:13:26
Subject: Re: Audit Library Unsuccessful
From: George Lesho <glesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:16:06 -0600
I have had this problem with AIX 4.3.2 / TSM 3.7.3.6 using a 3575L32. I have an
open PMR with Tivoli and have sent them traces and there has been no resolution.
I get around this by having the library check its elements (do an inventory) and
then do an inventory where the TSM application receives the element information
from the library as opposed to reading the labels. Even this hangs about 1/2 the
time and I need to cancel the audit process and do it again. The audit should
also be done when the system is quiet. I get similar errors to the ones you are
reporting below and feel that while Tivoli should fix the problem, I can work
around it by entering the following:

audit library <your lib name> checklabel=barcode

George Lesho
Storage/System Admin
AFC Enterprises

Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM> on 03/27/2001 09:53:01 AM