ADSM-L

Re: Achievable throughput using Gigabit connections?

2001-01-26 11:39:11
Subject: Re: Achievable throughput using Gigabit connections?
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:47:48 -5
On 26 Jan 2001, at 9:10, Steve Schaub wrote:
> I am looking to find out what kind of mb/sec other shops are getting.  Our
> environment is:

Hi Steve,

Our TSM server is a RS6k-S7A with IBM ESS disk
staging area.  The system has
2 gigabitethernet connections.  THese connections
seem to hit around 30-35MB/s.  Combined they give 60-70MB/s.
The client systems are all 100BaseT.  I think I'm max-ing them out in
packets-per-second, but could get more throughput if we get some
clients onto gitabit with fat packets.  I'm only getting
around 5-6MB/s from many systems that are EMC based, but then
I'm pulling data streams from lots of boxes concurrently.

Rick