ADSM-L

Re: Achievable throughput using Gigabit connections?

2001-01-26 15:26:21
Subject: Re: Achievable throughput using Gigabit connections?
From: Steve Schaub <Steve.Schaub AT HAWORTH DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:27:08 -0500
Raminder,
If I read this right you are seeing 17mb/sec sustained in a single backup
session - correct?  Is this going direct to tape, or are you using a disk pool?

Steve Schaub
Haworth, Inc
email: Steve.Schaub AT Haworthinc DOT com

>>> raminder.braich AT DAVEY DOT COM 01/26 3:03 PM >>>
Steve
    Our Environment
       TSM Server:  Netfinity 5500R 2 processors, 1 GB RAM, Giga bit,
WIN200, TSM4.1
   CLient:  NEtfinity 7000 4 processors, 1GB RAM, WIN NT, ORACLE7.3.4 ~
360GB TSM4.1
 Cisco network switch.
 Our backup time is a litlle over 6 hours approx 17 MB/sec.  Previously on
TSM 3.7 we used to see max 11MB/sec but with TSM 4.1 and WIN2000 it is 17M
/sec.

Raminder