ADSM-L

Antwort: tdp for lotus domino

2001-01-23 00:52:10
Subject: Antwort: tdp for lotus domino
From: Robert Fijan <robert.fijan AT LVA-WUERTTEMBERG DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 06:53:15 +0100
The only things I can tell you are:

every time a Domino Database get's opened, it get's a new date and so the
normal TSM Backup Client thinks it
  got changed and backs it up. We have a problem with this at the moment,
because we need nearly 18 hours to backup
  our Notes-environment. so we are going to implement TDP for Domino as well.

TDP can backup the LOGS in Domino, so you only need to make a backup of the
Database let's say once a week, the other
  times you only backup the logs. this is a incredible spped-up for the backup,
bacause the Logs are some MB, the Databases
  are many GB of Data.

When you have some new experiences with implementing Tivoli 4.1 directly from
3.1, please let me know,
because we will go this way in March.

Bye.